[mythtv-users] PVR-250 Composite Input

Paul Barker pbarker at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 4 15:55:13 EDT 2004

Hi All

Well I finally found the end of my tether ;-)

I have a Fedora 1 box running Myth courtesy of ATRPMS and "THE Guide". I
would like to connect my Sky DigiBox (sat receiver) to my PVR-250
composite input so I can use it as an external tuner.

I have a scart to composite + 2 audio cable and a 2 audio to jack
converter. I have tested the cable by plugging it into the sat box and
the A/V inputs on my TV and it works fine.

However, when I plug the cable into the PVR-250 I get sound but no video
just a black screen.

I've used test_ioctl -p to set the input to every setting between 0 and
9 and done the cat /dev/video test and I simply cannot get any video at
all. I've tried to set it up within Myth and again get audio and
(strangely) a small blue flash followed by blackness.

I've searched the archives, tried the latest firmware, pulled my hair
out, tried SVideo (which I can get a black and white picture out of, but
that may be the box as I see black and white if I plug the SVid directly
into the TV) and praying to several deities. None of this has produced a
picture.

The Wife Approval Factor, which started high has now hit an all time low
as I was unable to record her favourite program last night :(

I've had the tuner input (RF) working fine but I have a problem with the
audio (crackling intermittently) which I'm putting down to a pretty poor
antenna so it's important to get the Sky box working.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks !

Paul