[mythtv-users] ptune.pl user vs. root/mythtv

Nigel Croxon Nigel.Croxon at HP.com
Mon Aug 2 08:58:55 EDT 2004

Hello All,

Question about ptune.pl

When I run the program as a regular user, I get a different output and
the channel doesn't change.  When I run the program as 'root' or as
'mythtv' user, it works fine.  Log found below.
My issue is, as I run the mythfrontend, it doesn't change the channel
for me.

-Nigel

:~$ ptune.pl 2
Frequency: 960 15.36
Setting msp matrix: input = 3, output = 1
:~$ su
Password:
# ptune.pl 2
Ch.2: 54000 864
#

:~$ sh -x ptune.pl 2
+ use strict
/usr/bin/ptune.pl: line 5: use: command not found
/usr/bin/ptune.pl: ptune.pl: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token
`('
/usr/bin/ptune.pl: ptune.pl: line 7: `use Getopt::Long qw(:config
no_ignore_case bundling);'

:~$ head /usr/bin/ptune.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl
#
# $Header: /cvsroot/ivtv/ivtv/ivtv/utils/ptune.pl,v 1.12 2003/07/16
03:30:39 pcxuser Exp $
#
use strict;

use Getopt::Long qw(:config no_ignore_case bundling);
use Video::Frequencies;
use Video::ivtv 0.12;
use Config::IniFiles;