[mythtv-users] MythTV, seeking ahead / behind, NFS, and bandwidth usage

MythTV mythtv at hribnak.com
Mon Aug 2 03:10:22 EDT 2004

I do not see this. My frontend is a (was) a P2 333, 256 megs ram.  All my
recordings are saved ona  PIII 800 with 3ware Raid controller. 600 megs ram,
and 8x120 gig in a raid 5 my recording directory is also using NFS.

As you can see no beefy machines and everytthing runs fine.. I do want a
faster frontend machine for faster menus and such but right now its fine/

What are you using for drives?  7200RPM? slower?  how is your NFS setup?
here is my config on my frontend

fstab entry on my frontend/backend   .254 is only used for storage via NFS
192.168.1.254:/home2/MythTV  /mnt/store  nfs
rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard,intr,nfsvers=3  0  0

I think if the above is different you could see problems.

I was playing tonight and I hit a key  (number 9) while in a edit mode and I
jumped 9 minutes ahead in no time flat.

Definately sounds like some misconfiguration or IO issues

Jim