[mythtv-users] Commercials not automatically skipping

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 30 10:17:43 EDT 2004

On Friday 30 April 2004 09:47, Jeff C wrote:
> > Check your settings... the 'auto-skip' commercial setting now has 3
> > possible values:  "Don't Skip", "Notify, but don't skip" and
> > "Auto-Skip".
> >
> > The "Notify, but don't skip" is new & causes an OSD to pop up
> > notifying you that a commercial was detected, but leaves it up to
> > you if you want to actually skip it or not by pressing 'Z'.
>
> Hi JAC,
>
> I checked that, and it was set to Auto Skip.  So I watched a flagged
> show to make sure I wasn't imagining it.  I loaded the cutlist and
> off I went.  It hit the first commercial and skipped perfectly to the
> show.  Then I hit the second commercial break and the commercials
> played.  I hit M to confirm they were flagged and they were.  I hit M
> again to exit and it jumped over them back to the show. :|
>
> Any ideas?
> -Jeff

Well, first of all, you don't need to load the cutlist if you just want
to skip commercials.  The only time you need to load the cutlist is if
you:

(a) want to 'tweak' the cutpoints
(b) want to copy the commercial skiplist to the cutlist for transcoding

However, the fact that you loaded the commercial skiplist into the
cutlist should have no bearing on your problem; they should skip
regardless if you've got Auto-Skip on.

I don't really know what's going on; I try to keep current with CVS, so
it's been a while since I used a vanilla 0.14 Myth.  It's possible it
was a bug that was fixed a while ago in CVS.

-JAC