[mythtv-users] manully setting the playtime of a nuv file....

Jason Donahue mythtv at timekiller.org
Fri Apr 30 09:02:54 EDT 2004

Hello,
Last night I was recording my absolute favorite episode of the simpsons,
"You only move twice", and about 3 minutes in, mythbackend crashed (I
think I was screwing around with something). Anyway, since I have
mythbackend running under "supervise", it respawned immediately, and
created a second recording, which ran until the episode ended.

So, rather than have a 3 minute clip, and a 27 minute clip, I figured if
I cat file2.nuv >> file1.nuv, it would merge the 2 files. This worked!
There is maybe a 2 second blip where sound disappears, but after that
it's all good. Only problem is, Myth is still reporting the play length
of the show as 3 minutes. I can move around in the 3 minute span
normally, but once the show plays past the 3 minutes, into the second
file, I can not skip around. All I can do is let it play, pause, or
exit. I figured the length was in the DB, but now it looks like thats
not the case. So I assume it's actually part of the nuv file?

Anyone know what the offset is, and how to edit the playtime in hex?
:)...Or, is there an easier way???