[mythtv-users] xinerama and mythdvd compilation problem.

Jon Quiros myth-users at teahead.net
Thu Apr 29 21:30:26 EDT 2004

resolved.

This is for the archives in case it helps someone else in the future.
As I was writing this message I was recompiling qt  (USE="xinerama"
emerge qt) and then tried compiling mythdvd again and it worked this time!

Hello.

Ive been working for a few months now getting my ideal mythtv system going.

I started with OpenBSD but botched it for linux,
so i tried debian, and had trouble somewhere, then switched to Fedora
Core 1, and had some trouble with lirc and emitting IR signals because I
have digital cable.
now i'm happily using Gentoo.  I installed everything from portage
(emrge mythtv, etc...)

But when I try to install via "merge mythdvd" I get an error.  So i
uninstalled everything myth-related emerge had installed (all
mythtv-0.13) and decided to compile things manually, but with version 0.14.

Compilation/install went smoothly for everything, except mythdvd, where
I get this:

===================
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/tmpmyth/mythdvd-0.14/mtd'
g++ -Wl,-rpath,/usr/qt/3/lib -o mtd logging.o mtd.o serversocket.o
jobthread.o dvdprobe.o fileobs.o threadevents.o main.o dbcheck.o
moc_logging.o moc_mtd.o moc_serversocket.o  -L/usr/qt/3/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -ldvdread -lmyth-0.14 -lqt-mt -lXext
-lX11 -lm -lpthread
/usr/local/lib/libmyth-0.14.so: undefined reference to `XineramaIsActive'
/usr/local/lib/libmyth-0.14.so: undefined reference to
`XineramaQueryScreens'
/usr/local/lib/libmyth-0.14.so: undefined reference to
`XineramaQueryExtension'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [mtd] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/tmpmyth/mythdvd-0.14/mtd'
make: *** [sub-mtd] Error 2
========================
# locate Xinerama
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXinerama.a
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/Xinerama.h
do other people have more Xinerama stuff than I do, as in the above
"locate"?
Also, when I do "ldconfig -v" should I be getting something for
"Xinerama"- I'm not.

I found there was a bug some time ago (june, 2003) in myth tv where
something similar to this was patched, but my version already had that
patch.

i recompiled xfree as well in case that had anything to do with it. but
nothing.