[mythtv-users] New User

Paul Kidwell tmb at ieee.org
Thu Apr 29 16:56:18 EDT 2004

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks now and I've finally
decided to construct my own Myth-TV box. At present the plan calls for a
single box running the front and backend with a PVR 350 and a PVR 250
installed.

I've been shopping for a few days and was wondering if y'all would pass
judgment on the system I'm thinking of putting together. Here's what
I've come up with so far:

Case: AOpen Model H400A (black desktop with two 5.25 external bays.
Looks nice but the power supply is only 200W. I'll upgrade that later if
necessary)

Mother Board: ASUS SiS650GX Chipset, Model P4SGX-MX

Processor: Intel Pentium 4/ 2.4B GHz 533MHz FSB, 512K Cache, Northwood
Core

Memory: Two - Corsair XMS, 184 Pin 256MB DDR PC-2700 (512 Meg total)

DVD Burner: Lite-On Black 8X DVD+/-RW Drive, Model SOHW-812S

Hard Drive: Maxtor 160GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model 6Y160L0

Video: Hauppauge, Model "WinTV PVR 350" And, Hauppauge, Model "WinTV PVR
250"

I'll probably be purchasing the above items before the weekend. Please
let me know what y'all think.

Paul