[mythtv-users] Commercial Blocker?

James Orr james at orrwhat.net
Thu Apr 29 16:57:43 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 16:39, Mike Diehl (Encrypted email preferred)
wrote:

> Simon Kenyon wrote:
> > I mean, I can't even imagine watching commercials anymore.  Or not
> > watching what I want to watch at 2:00 AM.  I get frustrated when I do
> > watch live TV because of the commercials.
>
> So you are telling me that the commercial blocker is THAT good?  I've just
> started building my MythTV box and am very intrigued about the commercial
> blocker.

It depends on the channel and the show.  Some things come out perfect
... others not so good.  For example in Enterprise last night it thought
one exterior shot of a spaceship was a commercial.

I manually check them first.  Just press "E", then "Z" and use Page Up
and Page Down to jump to the cuts and check the surrounding frames.

--
James Orr <james at orrwhat.net>