[mythtv-users] Commercial Blocker?

Isaac Force gorgonous at web-ster.com
Thu Apr 29 16:54:53 EDT 2004

In my personal experience, the blank frame detection allows me to skip
commercial breaks 80-90% of the time. Generally the only time it doesn't
detect properly is when the local cable company's ad insertion comes on
(Creating a blank frame), or it doesn't see a blank frame at the end of the
last commercial and puts me somewhere in the first minute of the show after
the break.

One down side I've noticed to never watching commercials is that I don't
know what's going on media-wise anymore. :) (New movies coming out,
interesting shows coming up, etc.)