[mythtv-users] HDTV/CPU survey

Jason Schloer schloer.jason at tangoinc.com
Thu Apr 29 10:37:16 EDT 2004

As for the OSD problems. One of the ideas I've been toying with, but haven't
had the time to start messing with is using openGL for display. I found some
source for mpeg2play which uses XvMC's XvMCCopySurfaceToGLXPbuffer to copy
the frames to an openGL surface. I think if we can get this going we should
be able to have all the overlays done as openGL surfaces. So there shouldn't
be much of a slowdown with the OSD I would think. The sample I have seems to
work fairly well with standard mpeg PS streams, but I haven't been able to
get it to play an HDTV stream yet. It plays at full frame rate and allows me
to move the image in 3D with no stuttering. Also I made the texture size
1440x1080 and it had no problem with that, I just need to pump in a source
that's that big to see how well it handles that. Does anyone else think this
might be worth looking into further, or am I wasting my time even thinking
about it?

-Jason