[mythtv-users] Positive ComCast experience

James Orr james at orrwhat.net
Wed Apr 28 16:48:00 EDT 2004

Just thought I would mention ComCast isn't entirely evil.

Now i've got things working with one backend, I started to consider
adding my second backend I took a look at my other DCT and discovered to
my horror it didn't have the serial port at the back.  I called them up,
and the helpful man at support said I could take it in to exchange it.
That didn't really work for me, so I arranged for a tech to come over
and swap the boxes.  I put on a special note for it to be a box with a
serial port.

The tech arrived with the box, and everything worked perfectly.  He was
very interested in why I made this request, so I showed him the Myth
frontend.  He was very impressed with it, and I think he might even
start his own myth box :).

--
James Orr <james at orrwhat.net>