[mythtv-users] ati_remote and kernel 2.6.5 with X10 "lola" remote?

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Wed Apr 28 15:53:32 EDT 2004

Ok, I've been playing around with getting the ati_remote module to work on
my 2.6.5 system.

The module loads OK, but I can't figure out what to do with it at that point.
dmesg shows:
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver ati_remote
drivers/usb/input/ati_remote.c: Registered USB driver ATI/X10 RF USB Remote
Control v. 2.2.0

I'm roughly following the instructions here:
http://remotew.free.fr/linux_en.htm

But a lot of the documentation I've been able to google seems to be
intended for the 2.4 kernel, and downloading and compiling ati_remote
separately.   The documentation at the end of this:
http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/DocumentationPage_2fSupported
Hardware
mentions an "input" module, and it doesn't seem that is part of the 2.6.x
kernel.

I've tried running xev, and it doesn't respond when I press any of the
buttons on the remote.  (but does when I type on the keyboard).   Other
than the dmesg output, I can't seem to find any way to see if the
ati_remote device is working properly.   Shouldn't it be a device in /dev
somewhere?  (Running devfs, FWIW).   I see reference to "/dev/input/mice"
in some of the documentation, but that is there on my system, regardless of
if the ati_remote module is loaded or not.

Any tips on getting this stuff working on 2.6.5 ?

thanks!
-WD