[mythtv-users] IR Blaster Questions

Richie Crews rcrews at intercall.com
Wed Apr 28 09:05:35 EDT 2004

I have been playing with this build your own pvr stuff for the past week or
so and for grins demoed Snapstream and found it didn't support a few key
features in my hardware setup. So mythtv looked like my next solution and
since its linux it will be easier than windows to deal with.. =D. Anywho I
have a MyBlaster USB IR Blaster from
http://www.mytvstore.com/product_id_004.html
<http://www.mytvstore.com/product_id_004.html>  and was wondering if there
was any native support for this in lirc? The usb version is also the serial
version if I remove the usb dongle. I know this is not a lirc mailing list
but I am sure someone has at least tried this product more so than the lirc
guys. I know the unit works with my Cable box because I used to do manual
recordings and used this device in windows to switch channels with commands.
If no one can seem to get this unit working I would like to take
recommendations for a unit that works with Scientific Atlanta Cables boxes
in the 2100 (or 2200) to 3100 (or 3200) model ranges. Thanks in advance for
any information provided.