[mythtv-users] references to "significant other"

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Tue Apr 27 16:48:08 EDT 2004

Henk Poley wrote:

>And... I think the person himself didn't really get offended, but merely
>warned that there are people that might be offended. That it's polite to
>think about the feelings of others. And that there is no reason to
>("unknowingly") try to offend someone in a public place like this
>mailinglist.

And see there's the problem.  Because someone might possibly be offended
by something everyone else needs to tiptoe around.  People really need
to grow thicker skins or something the PC nutjobs have twisted things to
such an extreme that legitimate harassment and horrid behavior are
trivialized.

Reminds of me of the county that banned the computer terms master/slave
(such as used by myth) because they were insensitive to "people of color".