[mythtv-users] references to "significant other"

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Tue Apr 27 13:15:03 EDT 2004

> stop using your wife/girlfriend/partner to represent somebody who is
> technically illiterate. it is not necessary and in my opinion
> insulting.

Many wives (including presumably those of the loving husbands posting
here who nonetheless recognize the limitations of their wives) are
technically illiterate.  Tiptoeing around an uncomfortable fact of
this nature is political correctness, a philosophy I vehemently
oppose.

> if myth's UI is broken or hard to use or generally not of sufficient
> quality/robustness or is just plainly user unfriendly then say so
> and we can work to fix it. don't invoke "she who must be obeyed" (as
> you put it) as a reason.

What if that's the main reason someone wants a particular feature?

I think you just need to drop this and deal with your inner demons in
private.  Everyone will continue to express themselves as they see
fit, whereupon you can feel free to ignore what you don't like.  Don't
waste everyone's time trying to re-form all discourse you encounter to
fit a Simon-approved(TM) mold.

Cheers,
Kyle