[mythtv-users] references to "significant other"

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Apr 27 11:18:17 EDT 2004

> i would respectfully request that people on this list stop referrring to "the
> wife" as though they were a completely different (and inferior) species.

Huh?

You don't want people to use the word "wife" when referring to
their wives?  Or is it "the wife" vs. "my wife" that you're off
about?  I suppose "the wife" is a bit vague it could
(grammatically, anyway) be referring to any particular wife and
not just that of the writer.

How do you feel about the phrase "she who must be obeyed"? ;)

[Extra geek points for anybody whos currently got an episode of
Rompole on their drive.]

--
Grant Edwards
grante at visi.com