[mythtv-users] references to "significant other"

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Tue Apr 27 06:09:22 EDT 2004

Simon Kenyon wrote:

>i'm not being politically correct. nobody could accuse me of being pc. just
>asking for a little respect for the majority of the human race.

*sigh* you are being PC.  If you, your wife, or anyone else takes
offense at something so simple as "the wife" and WAF then you've got
some issues.   My wife even uses the term and lets me know when it's
gone up or down based on a change I've made.  I certainly wouldn't be
upset if my wife referred to me as "the husband" I couldn't care less.

If anyone should/would/could be offended by the term wouldn't it be our
individual wives?  And if they're not offended by the references why the
hell should you or anybody else care?

Please do us all a favor, start listening to Clear Channel stations and
call the FCC to complain every time you feel they've been insulting or
offensive.  Maybe you, and others like you, can get them shut down.