[mythtv-users] myth install problems

Graham W. Mitchell gmitch at woodlea.com
Mon Apr 26 20:01:58 EDT 2004

Still working thru my latest install via Jarods guide, and somehow seem
to be running into a different set of problems from all the other
times....

I'm at the stage where I'm doing the testing for the capture card
drivers. I have 2 PVR-250 cards and a single bttv card in this box. The
PVR-250s are /dev/video0 and video1. I've not tried setting up the bttv
card yet, as I want to get the PVR-250s working first.

I have tried a capture from the video devices, as well as using myplayer
on them direct, and I get the same result... The sound sounds fine, but
the video picture looks like it's not syncing or something.. it's
showing in diagonal lines down the screen. There is a picture there,
because I can see the colours change etc when the TV picture changes or
goes to commercial, and as I said, the sound is fine from both cards.

ivtv-firmware-2.02.023-3.at

perl-Video-ivtv-0.12-3

ivtv-kmdl-2.4.22-1.2179.nptl_47.rhfc1.at-0.1.9-25.rhfc1.at

ivtv-0.1.9-25.rhfc1.at

Anyone have any ideas what it could be..? I know the cards are (or were)
working, as I've had this box working with myth before.

Graham