[mythtv-users] feature requests

Jeff C myth at express.tc
Mon Apr 26 15:13:51 EDT 2004

> The other feature would be to limit the recordings to 'first runs only'
> or 'all showings'. The Tivo has this feature and I like it a lot. For
> example, I can set Stargate SG1 to record all shows, all channels, but I
> only want the new episodes to record when they come back on later this
> year. Right now they are playing alot of repeats for this show and don't
> want to record them. I think Tivo searches for (Repeat) in the
> description or a flag in the EPG that specifies it is a repeat and won't
> record the show if it is set to 'First runs only'.

James,

Myth won't record duplicates (although it does flag them it ghosts them on
the fix conflicts screen) as long as the title and description matches one
it already has.  Its really good about skipping repeats if the guide data is
consistent.  I think you'll find it works as you desire most of the time.

-Jeff