[mythtv-users] LIRCRC Question

Michael Segulja msegulja at lmdcs.com
Sun Apr 25 17:30:55 EDT 2004

This might be a little off-topic, but I'm having trouble with a couple of key mappings.  I do not have sticky keys set in the Myth TV settings, so I have my left and right keys skipping backward and forward by 10 seconds.  I have this mapped to the directional left and right button on my remote, and this works great.  The Myth documentation says that the < and > keys act as rewind and fast forward when not in sticky mode, so I want to map those to the RRW and FFW buttons on my remote.  I entered the following into my ~/.mythtv/lircrc file:

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = FFW
    repeat = 3
    config = Key > CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = RRW
    repeat = 3
    config = Key < CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = Left
    repeat = 3
    config = Key Left CurrentWindow
end

begin
    prog = irxevent
    button = Right
    repeat = 3
    config = Key Right CurrenWindow

The left and right keys work fine as I said, but the FFW and RRW don't do anything.  It does work if I press < and > on the keyboard, and I also mapped a different key binding to the FFW and RRW buttons on my remote to verify they are working.  Is there some special character I need to enter for the < and > keys in the lircrc file possibly?  Also, irw does show the key presses for the < and > keys, so I know the signal is getting to my myth box.

Thanks for the great software and all the help!!

---
Michael Segulja
LMD Computing Solutions, Inc.
281.376.8181 | Office