[mythtv-users] My first stab...

Jim Coates jcoates at jimcoates.com
Sun Apr 25 17:05:57 EDT 2004

So I bought all these components:

silverstone lc-03, abit is7, p4 2.8C, 512mb pc3200 corsair, nvidia fx5200,
2x pvr-250s

I installed debian using the newest release beta debian installer and got
everything working except lirc using my computer monitor and analog audio
friday night.  I managed to get lirc working this morning.  I have some
questions though...

I am connecting the nvidia card to my tv via DVI using JCW's modified
960x540p modeline settings.  That is all working but what will give me the
best picture quality for de-interlacing, kerneldeinterlace?

Also, I am having trouble getting the digital spdif connection to work.  I
can't find any info on how to configure this.  It's using the i810_audio
driver and I am using 2.4.25 kernel.  Any suggestions?  I saw someone
mention to something other than /dev/dsp but I can't find that message
anymore.