[mythtv-users] MythTV as a non-primary device?

Nowhere nowhere at cox.net
Sun Apr 25 13:54:27 EDT 2004

I mostly record and watch recordings but also watch live TV. My surfing
now consists of pulling up the menu and flipping thru the program guide
so I don't care about the delay in channel changing. I never use
chup/down to change channels.  And when I'm in the mood to watch two
channels at the same time I fire one up on each station and swap tuners
(this however results in a much larger hunnydolist the next day ;).

As for the wife, she would not go back to regular TV for anything, and
she is quite computer illiterate. I had to do a couple things though,
one of which was to program the PWR button on the grey remote to restart
the frontend. I have occasional crash or freeze that I have not tracked
down yet.

As far as whether it is ready for non-techies, I am getting ready to
build for fee a few units for some interested friends and aquaintences.
I have found nothing in the 0.14 build that cannot be overcome with my
frontend restart or in worse case a reboot. Since it is a PC afterall,
people seem to understand and accept that is needs a reboot once in
while (Thanks BILL!).

2cents...
Eric