[mythtv-users] Free USB RF remote (just $5.90 for shipping)

Scott Rowe mythgnomer at rowelab.com
Sun Apr 25 11:30:42 EDT 2004

That's a good question.. Seems that the native lirc support is more of a
'native key pushing support' kind of thing, not actual functions.

Eg,

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = Mute
    config = F9
end

begin
   prog = mythtv
   button = Blank
   config = B
end

So rather than calling a MUTE function, it just sends a simulated 'F9'
keypress. Mplayer does this a little better. Eg,

begin
        prog = mplayer
        button = Mute
        config = mute
end

begin
        prog = mplayer
        button = Rew
        config = seek -10
end

So, what happens when key functionality changes? Folks' remotes break.

So as far as documentation goes, keys.txt would work unless you've messed
with the key bindings.

-Scott