[mythtv-users] mythfrontend crash on livetv when recording starts

Khanh Tran khanh at slc.edu
Sun Apr 25 10:01:34 EDT 2004

This may have been discussed already, but I can't find a resolution.  I
understand why it's crashing, but I'm not sure what to do about it...

If I'm watching LiveTV on a tuner and then a scheduled recording is
about to start on that tuner, MythTV displays that black screen with the
option to watch the show while recording or exit to the menu.  When you
don't choose anything, the backend changes the channel, starts the
record, but the ringbuffer goes away.  Of course, that's bad because
LiveTV didn't expect it to go away.  Is there any way around the freeze?
Can I set a default response to that if no selection is made before the
ringbuffer goes away?

-Khanh