[mythtv-users] MythDVD with Xine

KianTeck chua_kianteck at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 24 23:18:46 EDT 2004

KianTeck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded and installed Xine with "apt-get install xine".  Now when
> I tried to play DVD with MythDVD, xine splits out the following:
>
> ----------------------------snip----------------------------
> $ xine
> This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.9.23.
> (c) 2000-2003 The xine Team.
> xiTK WARNING(_x_error_handler:217): X error received: 'BadAccess
> (attempt to access private resource denied)'
> received X error event: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
> denied)
> xiTK WARNING(xitk_font_load_font:432): loading font
> "*-lucida-*-i-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" failed, default and system fonts
> "(null)" and "fixed" failed too
> xiTK WARNING(xitk_font_load_font:432): loading font "fixed" failed,
> default and system fonts "(null)" and "fixed" failed too
> xiTK DIE: create_labelofbutton()@121: xitk_font_load_font() failed.
> Exiting
> ----------------------------snip----------------------------
>
> Why am I getting these messages?  How do I install the above mentioned
> fonts?
>
> Regards
> KianTeck

OK, I found out what when wrong.  After some searching, I found that
it's got to do with "LANG=en_SG.UTF-8" (I'm living in Singapore)
environment value for mythtv user.  After setting it to
"LANG=en_US.UTF-8", it worked flawlessly.

Wonder why Xine does not support "LANG=en_SG.UTF-8".  Afterall, we're
using standard US international keyboard (ie no pound symbols, etc).

KianTeck