[mythtv-users] MythTV as a non-primary device?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Apr 24 17:38:01 EDT 2004

> Does anyone use their myth only when they want to
> set up a prerecorded section or watch something they
> have recorded?  Sort of like only using your VCR for
> recording and playing back, not really using the tuner
> much during actual usage.

I use mine exactly like this.  Well, actually, beyond that, even.  I use
it to record shows, and then archive them to SVCD and watch later via my
dvd player (which plays SVCD).  I occasionally bring mythfrontend up on
my workstation to watch a show, too.

However, this may change now that I have this nifty Lola remote and can
actually control my myth box with something more than my gigantic
wireless keyboard.

-Chris