[mythtv-users] MythTV as a non-primary device?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Apr 24 13:55:28 EDT 2004

> Does anyone use their myth only when they want to
> set up a prerecorded section or watch something they
> have recorded?

I've had my mythtv box up and running for about a week now, and
I don't watch live TV on it for two reasons:

  1) Changing channels takes a long time (5+ seconds). That
     makes surfing pretty difficult.

  2) It's a bit unstable when watching weak stations: choppy
     audio and video.

> Sort of like only using your VCR for recording and playing
> back, not really using the tuner much during actual usage.

Well, I use the tuner during "actual usage", but not for
watching live TV: Often it's recording a program while I'm
replaying a different one.

--
Grant Edwards
grante at visi.com