[mythtv-users] Bad News for me...a warning to all

Debabrata Banerjee davatar at comcast.net
Fri Apr 23 20:29:05 EDT 2004

Athlon MP 2800 w/512K cache. Those numbers are pure cpu power, has nothing
to do with drives.

But I have 6 maxtor 160GB 5200 RPM FDB drives, on a 760mpx board w/66Mhz
pci. Which I don't recommend, this board isn't stable with all the stuff I
want to put in it.

Multiple drives per bus is absolutely fine. You're not going to get double
the performance when your 32bit/33Mhz PCI bus maxes out at 132MB/s. Maybe if
you're running a 2 or 3 drive array you might gain something worth the
trouble. It's not going to be double either. I only gain a few percent, I
benchmarked it just for fun.