[mythtv-users] RAID thread [was: Bad News for me...a warning to all]

Nathan Nottingham nate at nottingham-tech.com
Fri Apr 23 19:44:03 EDT 2004

I ordered it shortly before I posted this.  :)  My current setup up is as
follows:

Pri Master = /dev/hda = 40GB as /
Pri Slave  = /dev/hdb = 250GB part of /dev/md0
Sec Master = /dev/hdc = 250GB part of /dev/md0
Sec Slave  = /dev/hdd = 250GB part of /dev/md0

When the PCI card gets here I plan on moving both the slave drives off the
motherboard's IDE bus.  This should not cause any problems and as long as
the kernel has drivers for the new IDE chipset I shouldn't need to do
anything at all.

However, I plan on adding 6 more 250GB drives in the near future.  Should I
just get them now instead?  Or can I expect good results with:
http://unthought.net/raidreconf/  (more info:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO-10.html#ss10.1 )

- Nate

<< snip >>