[mythtv-users] HELP! mysql crashed, wracking DB

Timo Boettcher spida at gmx.net
Fri Apr 23 18:04:58 EDT 2004

Hi,

  yesterday my video-machine crashed, wracking its mysql-db.
  I can't execute queries with the frontend, I can't even choose the
  db to use.
  Is there a way to recover info from the broken db? I have a backup,
  but its old, and doesn't have my current recordings in it...
  I have now temporaryly moved the broken db out of the way and
  restored the backup, I can start mysql and mathbackend, but
  mythbackend doesn't log anymore and in mythweb I just get
     Fatal Error at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/includes/programs.php, line 189:
     SQL Error: Got error 28 from table handler

     The system administrator has been notified and the problem will be remedied shortly.
  Should I reinit the db and start fresh? I haven't worked with mysql
  before and don't know what to do...

  TIA

 Timo