[mythtv-users] "Videos" Play too fast and choppy

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Fri Apr 23 17:12:56 EDT 2004

My apologies if this was addressed earlier in the thread as I am just
jumping in, but it could be your source audio stream's bit-rate is
incomaptible with your audio device.  you might try setting 'srate' to
48000 for mplayer.  Here is my mplayer's config file (much of it
leveraged from Jarod's guide):

---- begin .mplayer/config ----
# Write your default config options here!
# run full-screen
fs=yes
# zoom image to fill the screen
zoom=yes
# disable mplayer's usual verbosity
really-quiet=yes
# use XVideo for video output
vo=xv
# don't enable joystick
nojoystick=yes
# use alsa for audio out, through spdif
ao=alsa9:spdif
# if ac3 audio, send raw stream to my amp, else fall back
ac=hwac3,
# my display is 16:9
monitoraspect=16:9
lirc=no
srate=48000
cache=8192
---- end .mplayer/config ----

or from the command line:
mplayer -zoom -fs -quiet -vo xv -ao alsa9 -srate 48000 %s

--
John <><