[mythtv-users] Bad News for me...a warning to all

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Fri Apr 23 10:46:04 EDT 2004

> This is why I use tar to backup my system (everything but the .nuv
> files) across the network to a different Linux box (my desktop) before
> and after I upgrade any software.

 You might want to look into automating rsync backups over the network.
Currently I do an rsync every night as well as run a script to do a MySQL
dump of my database which also gets pulled over in the rsync. And
then it keeps 15 days worth of the database backups so that you
can go back and recover changed settings if need be.

Backups are definately your friend :)