[mythtv-users] Dual tuner info

Khanh Tran khanh at slc.edu
Fri Apr 23 08:25:27 EDT 2004

I'm going to talk about this with a basic two tuner setup.  One, because
it's easier and two, because that's what I have :)

So the setup is:

Listing #1: Digital Cable with all basic channels removed Listing #2:
Basic Channels

Tuner #1:
	Composite Input -> Listing #1
	Television Input -> Listing #2

Tuner #2:
	Composite Input -> Listing #1
	Television Input -> Listing #2

Let's now say Tuner #1 is busy recording digital channel 300.  What
happens with Tuner #2 if my wife wants to tune to digital channel 160
and doesn't realize the digital box is in use?  Won't Tuner #2 attempt
to make a channel change on the cable box that's busy feeding Tuner #1?

Thanks for all the help!

-Khanh