[mythtv-users] "Videos" Play too fast and choppy

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 23 01:16:16 EDT 2004

Nowhere wrote:

>OK I installed and tried Xine as the video player in Setup/Videos/Player
>Settings and it plays at the correct speed. So it is a problem with
>mplayer.  Here is my commandline for mplayer...
>
>mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv -ao alsa9 %s
>
>Anyone have any ideas why mplayer is playing video and audio too fast?

Rename .asoundrc and test again.  If MPlayer works without the
.asoundrc, then your .asoundrc is messed up.  To learn more about
writing an .asoundrc, check
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=119212&t=search_engine#119212
and if it doesn't help, I'll be back from traveling a week from
Saturday, so I can help you then.

Mike