[mythtv-users] Voodoo3 3500 capture, anyone?

Jayson Garrell kyi at kyi.sytes.net
Thu Apr 22 17:22:18 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 13:51, Brennan Hildebrand wrote:
> I've found a few postings on using the Voodoo3 3500 for tv out, but has
> anyone used it for capture on the backend.  I believe it will do mpeg1
> encoding, but not mpeg2, although I'm not certain.  I happen to have one
> lying around so I thought I might give it a try.  Any experiences would
> help.
>
> Thanks,
> Brennan
Since I have one also and fought with it a while back... Once you get it
to work at all I'm sure it would work in a mythbackend. The problem is
finding all of the kernel patchs for it, also with xfree 4.+ it seems to
have a weird overlay problem where the video turns pink when the mouse
is moved. I didn't really need to use it that bad since I have  2 250's,
so I gave up on getting it to work. When I get home I will pull up my
book marks for the patchs and post the links to the list.

Jayson G