[mythtv-users] On Screen Display (mythtvosd)

Christian Fridgen mythtv at fridgen.de
Thu Apr 22 02:47:29 EDT 2004

before I decided to use Mythtv for my HTPC, I took a look at different
available solutions. The secodn position in the race for the system made
Freevo. What i really liked there was the info bar at the top of the
screen. Maybe someone with a little more programming exprerience than me
can pick up this plan, I already looked a little into this, but didn't
know excatly how to begin with that.
- a small area at the top of each mythtv page si reserved for status
messages.
- all menu pages are reduced to fit the remaining space, so for a
resolution of 640x480 the themes are resizied to 640x440.
- all navigation happens in this lower part.
- for this top area there is a definition for some kind of plugins
system providing variuos status displays (short weather information,
system status like HD space, temperature, stormsiren, Callerid,
newsticker, email or instant messaging pager, programm reminders and
maybe many more)

Now if I only could find someone who could tell me how to start this...

Christian