[mythtv-users] MythWeb Suggestion..

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Apr 21 19:05:14 EDT 2004

> I have another suggestion that might or might not make sense: having
> authentication built into the mythweb pages. From what I read, a lot of
> people use MythWeb for remote scheduling, as do I. I opened my http port
> on my firewal to go to the http port on the myth box but that leaves a
> security problem where anyone connecting to the ip could get onto
> MythWeb and do whatever then want.

It is.  In fact, there's even a section in the README about how to
secure it using htpasswd.

I don't want to add a whole series of login pages to mythweb, it's bulky
and would annoy those users who don't open it to the world.  However,
there *are* future plans to use a group like thing to restrict user
access (via htpasswd) to certain functions, like the category editor.  I
just haven't had time to go in and write the htaccess settings to do
that.

-Chris