[mythtv-users] MythMusic: Distorted OGG rips

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Wed Apr 21 18:42:09 EDT 2004

I'm ripping CDs to OGG files using the high quality setting in MythMusic,
giving me files of around 10MB per track.

Most of the time everything's fine, but sometimes I get distortion in the
ripped files, ie. they sound distorted when playing them back through
Winamp (on a Windows box) or MythMusic (on my minimyth frontend.)

Also, I get distortion on some albums when played on the minimyth frontend
(always the same albums, and they sound fine through Winamp.) The only
thing I can think of is that my EPIA 10Mk frontend can't handle high
bitrate audio very well, but that doesn't sound right!

The CDs are ripped on my backend, which doen't have a sound card. Anyone
have any ideas?

Cheers,

Jon