[mythtv-users] Free USB RF remote (just $5.90 for shipping)

Brian Rumple brumple at VALUBOND.COM
Wed Apr 21 15:52:41 EDT 2004

Check other posts from today for more info.  Yes, MouseRemoteFC.pl is
used like irxevent.  You set up MouseRemoteFC.conf to suit your needs,
whether it is generating an X event with xte or whatever scripting you
desire.

>From earlier post:

Yes, xte sends X keypresses to the window with focus.  You can find it
at: http://hoopajoo.net/projects/xautomation.html

I think your problem is the default PC device of the remote.  The
default is something other than 0, which is what my config file is set
up for.  I think the valid values are 1-16.  I guess you need to
subtract one in the conf file.

1. Press and release the PC button.
2. Press and hold Setup until the indicator starts to blink. Release
Setup (the indicator blinks a number corresponding to its Master Code
1-16) and then stays on). 3. While the indicator is on, enter a new
number for this remote (1-16) and then press Setup. The indicator blinks
back the new setting and then stays off.