[mythtv-users] Free USB RF remote (just $5.90 for shipping)

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Wed Apr 21 14:49:13 EDT 2004

At 04:14 PM 4/16/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>I think it would be a great remote if all the buttons where learnable.
>For some reason only power, ch+, ch-, vol+, vol-, and mute are.  Every
>other button always goes to the pc.

I got my remote today, and while I was originally very optimistic about it
I'm somewhat less impressed.  By going through the manual, I though that
perhaps I could use it as a universal remote to control all of my devices.
  Even though the manual contains codes for programming DVD players and
other devices, if you press the play button for example the remote will
send the signal using the "PC" device.    It's pretty hard to control a DVD
player with just power, ch+, ch-, vol+, vol-, and mute.     But for only
$6, I still can't complain.

Greg, any word on the progress of re-writing your module so that it uses an
external config file to map the buttons?

-WD