[mythtv-users] 3D (OpenGL) on an M10000/Gentoo setup

Paul W. Smith cvpsmith at ncche.olemiss.edu
Wed Apr 21 14:15:32 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 8:59 am, Travis Kelley wrote:
> One more quick question.  I'm killing myself trying to get lirc working
> here.  Did you emerge the lirc that comes with gentoo?  If not which
> lirc are you using.  Also could you attach your /root/.mythtv/lircrc &
> /etc/lircd.conf & /etc/conf.d/lirc*

I'm using lirc 0.7.0_pre2, but my system also has a build for lirc-0.6.6-r1 so
I'm not sure what's default.  I do remember having issues with it...

One thing that you should definitely check is to make sure that your /etc/
make.conf file includes the following:

USE="mysql lirc alsa"		# Make sure that the lirc entry is here!

This will cause lirc not to work in MythTV.  Note that you will have to
re-emerge MythTV after this change in order for it to work.  Exactly what are
the symptoms of your problem?  If you are still having issues, let me know
and I will send you my lirc conf files tonight when I'm in front of the
machine...

Paul