[mythtv-users] re: choppy HD playback

Brandon Beattie bbeattie-maillist at linkexplorer.com
Wed Apr 21 12:45:53 EDT 2004

The files stored to disk from the pcHDTV are mpeg2 streams (Not NUV
formated streams).  Transcoding for me consists of setting up the
transcoding config in Myth and letting it run.  How well it works has
been very inconsistant.  It worked 80% of the time several months ago,
but recently it's only doing about 30%.  I transcoding to 3 settings,
low quality (480x320) default (720x480) and high (1024x576).  (Those are
my 3 transcoding profiles).  When transcoding, all de-interlacing is
done and is very nice and good on performance after (30% CPU for me to
watch a show).

--Brandon