[mythtv-users] DVD Ripping Sound issue?

Steve Wilton swilton at fusemail.com
Tue Apr 20 18:52:29 EDT 2004

On April 20, 2004 09:08, Bryan Ware wrote:
> Ok,
> 	MyhtTV Rocks, and we all know that! I am attempting to rip a dvd into
> myth and the volume is extremely lower that that of Live TV. I have
> searched thru the archives and previous emails and can't find anything
> to help. I also have poked around with in Myth but can't find anything
> obvious.

It has to do with dynamic range. This forum post titled "When I put in a CD,
it's SO MUCH LOUDER than a DVD- Why does this happen? Am I doing something
wrong?" (on home theatre forum) describes the issue WAY better than I could:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?&postid=1219924#post1219924

(about 2/3 of the way down the page)

The article talks about DVD vs. CD, but this applies equally to TV.

Steve