[mythtv-users] DVB, EPIA frontend & picture quality

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Mon Apr 19 21:37:13 EDT 2004

I'm using MythTV 0.14, with a DVB card in the backend, and minimyth 0.4 on
an EPIA M10000 front end.

The picture quality seems very good for slow-moving images, but fast
movement is a blur. For example, a fast pan across the screen during a
Simpsons episode is very 'juddery'. Watching Aussie rules footy is not
feasible with this!

Searching the list  reveals (apparently successful) suggestions of using
kerneldeint and denoise3d filters. Am I right in thinking that these are
incompatible with the EPIA's hardware MPEG decoder? If so, should I just
disable the latter? I'm interested to hear how other people have tackled
this issue.

Cheers,

Jon