[mythtv-users] transcoding shows after recording

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Mon Apr 19 13:32:54 EDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 15:30:39 -0400
"J. Donavan Stanley" <jdonavan at jdonavan.net> wrote:

> Sheesh, 6000min 6800 max is way overkill.

I think that was the default so I did not bother changing it. Now I have
set the MPEG-2 Encoder profiles to a more reasonable value and the
Transcoder MPEG2 profile to 2500... So far it is working better but some
more tweaking is in order...

Just to make sure that I understand the relationship correctly: The bit
rates in the MPEG-2 Encoder profiles are used to tell the cards at what
rate to capture the video and the bit rates at the Transocder profiles
are used to tell the transcoder at what bit rate the transcoded stream
is going to be, right?

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net