[mythtv-users] tcmplex prob. w/ SVCD Scan Offsets (on nuvexport product)

john lawler maillist at tgice.com
Mon Apr 19 10:24:47 EDT 2004

Hi guys,

I'm still working on making some SVCDs from 720x480 recordings I make
with my PVR-250.  Initially, what I was doing was using nuvexport and
setting a tcmplex profile which set the max file size to around 120MB or
something, and letting the resulting mpeg files be chopped up around
that file size so that I could use them as chapters when I moved them to
my WinXP machine and burnt them in Nero.

This was working reasonably well until I hit a few shows that are
failing right at the end of the nuvexport step, (just at the end of the
tcmplexing) at this point:

> INFO:   Calculating 5191 SVCD user data scan offsets for file breaking00.mpg
> *** SVCD Scan Offsets: 100% - 5191 of 5191  I-Frames. (100)%
> INFO:   Finished calculating SVCD scan offsets for file breaking00.mpg
> INFO:
> INFO:   Multiplexing file breaking01.mpg
> *** Multiplexing: 99% - 291767 of 294713  A/V units. (99)%
> INFO:   Finished multiplexing breaking01.mpg
> INFO:   Calculating 3674 SVCD user data scan offsets for file breaking01.mpg
> *** SVCD Scan Offsets: 99% - 3638 of 3674  I-Frames. (99)%
> ERROR: Could not find User Data at I-frame 3671 in file breaking01.mpg.

I'm breaking a roughly 1GB mpeg file into files <=650MB, which would
give me ~400MB in the final file (here, breaking01).  Only problem is,
in this case, and certainly ones where I try to make the max size
<=120MB, the final file is always the one that dies here and sometimes
the resulting mpeg is not produced, and I entirely lose that video.

Does anyone know what this error could mean and how I can by pass it?
I'm reasonably sure the video is really okay, I just don't get why
tcmplex is choking on it.

Do I need new versions of any of the packages?

Thanks,

jl