[mythtv-users] bttv and ivtv cards in the same box

Andy Kuan andy at kuan.net
Mon Apr 19 08:17:03 EDT 2004

I have a WinTV-Go and a WinTV PVR-250 in my MythTV box. Each card, when
configured as the only card in the box, runs just fine. The
WinTV-Go/bttv setup was my initial setup and it's been running
flawlessly for a couple months. I just got the PVR-250/ivtv setup
running smoothly without any lockups last week using the ck35 patch to
ivtv-0.1.10pre2.

However, when I have BOTH cards setup and I try to watch liveTV on my
primary MythTV box and on a remote front-end simultaneously, I get the
dreaded DMA error which locks up mythbackend within minutes. Just for
grins, I tried watching liveTV with a PIP window on my primary MythTV
box, and everything worked just fine (at least for the couple hours I
left it running).

Anybody else have a MythTV box with a mix of bttv and ivtv tuners? I've
considered buying a second PVR-250 if this is a problem with mixing
drivers but I'm still uncertain what exactly the problem is.

Oh, and I'm running Gentoo with 2.6.1 with the stock bttv drivers that
came with the kernel and, as I mentioned above, ivtv-0.1.10pre2 with the
ck35 patch. And here are my module settings (from /etc/modules.d/i386):

alias char-major-81     videodev
alias char-major-81-0   ivtv
options ivtv cardtype=2
options tuner type=2