[mythtv-users] nforce and SPDIF

Torsten Schenkel mythtv at isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Apr 17 16:35:09 EDT 2004

Am Sa, den 17.04.2004 schrieb Mitko Haralanov um 22:12:
> On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:45:16 +0200
> Torsten Schenkel <mythtv at isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
>
> > Did you disable APIC and Local-APIC in the kernel. The NForce2 doesn't
> > like it and will crash with high i/o or irq activity.
>
> This might be a stupid question but does setting "acpi=off" on the
> kernel boot line be enough or do I have to recompile the kernel?

Best bet is a new kernel and you want to switch off the

APIC - Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller

not the

ACPI- Advanced Configuration and Power Interface

The kernel options are noapic and nolapic IIRC,

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough