[mythtv-users] Confusion - Myth/Epia/Unichrome ??

Travis Kelley rhatguy at comcast.net
Sat Apr 17 15:42:21 EDT 2004

I recently moved to an epia board from an old intel board I had.
Believe me...if you try to go off the beaten path (2.6 kernel or weird
xfree or something) with these board you are going to run into trouble.
If you don't mind not being absolutely bleeding edge, I'd recommend
running gentoo with all the options on this howto
http://www.alterself.com/~epia/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=EpiaHowto
They have a special kernel and a special XFree and everything.  After I
gave up on the 2.6 kernel and switched to using their (gentoo) ebuilds
it was the most smooth myth install I've ever done.  My systems has also
been more stable with this install than at any other point.  I highly
recommend it.  If you need any help with anything from the guide feel
free to email me...also if you choose to go this way there is one
special thing you'll need to do to get hardware mpeg working that isn't
mentioned in the guide because of a bug in the M10000 boards.