[mythtv-users] nvram-wakeup with 7nif2

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Fri Apr 16 13:22:34 EDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:12:28 -0400
"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Maybe this will get you started...  (But I can't answer your question
> directly becaues I don't have that motherboard.)

I was able to get nvram-wakeup to correctly write the CMOS on the 7NIF2
motherboard (if anyone is interested in the config file. let me know and
I will send it over...).

However, waking up the machine does not work since any of the shutdown
tools in linux actually shut down the machine. What I need is something
that will put it in suspend/soft-off mode.

One of the posts here suggested writing a 1 to /proc/acpi/sleep but that
did not work either. If anyone has any suggestions for this, please, let
me know...

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net